Monday, March 9, 2009

It's batman!!


Andrew sent me some pictures this week. One was of him holding a bat!! What's up with that?!? It is hard to believe that in the intensive safety training that his dad gave him every day of his life with us --did we leave out the part where people should not touch bats!?! I did not even show the picture to Steve--or I'd have to give him CPR. :) Seriously, in Texas they tell you if you see a bat not to touch it or get near it. I don't know if it is the same everywhere but bats in Texas spread rabies and the only ones that will let you near them are usually sick. Oh well at least rats aren't gnawing on his feet.

My nicest experience today was when I announced to my AMI third graders that because I am having nasal surgery on Wednesday today would be my only day with them this week. I expected cheering or big happy smiles at least!! After all, these kiddos have missed their "specials" classes almost every day since January to attend math tutoring with me. But instead of cheering, they were sad. AHHHH They are the sweetest kids ever. I am going to keep praying they pass that test. The fifth graders cheered but I will pray for them too. :)

No comments: