Sunday, March 29, 2009

What's that smell?

I LOVE SMELLS!! My sense of smell has returned and I am so GRATEFUL for smells. I went to Bath and body Works this week. The lady asked me when I walked in if she could help me. I said, No--I just came in to sniff!! I walked around smelling all the different scents. It was amazing so many different pleasant aromas. When I am making dinner, I can smell dinner cooking and it smells wonderful. Chicken baking. Soup boiling. Onions frying. MMMMMM Dishwashing detergent smells so clean!! I actually like scrubbing the dishes just so I can enjoy the aroma of the soap. Laundry detergent and fabric softener also smell clean--and the clothes when they come out of the drier. It is fun to fold them as they smell so GOOD!!

And it is not just the good smells...it is so nice to know when the trash NEEDS to be emptied. Or the toast is burning. Or that casserole is really not edible. Or to be able to tell if those socks on the floor fell off the laundry pile or need to go into the laundry. It has been a fun week to really be grateful for a small yet truly wonderful part of Heavenly Father's world. What are your favorite smells?

Today in church an 8 year old autistic boy with such a wonderful spirit shared his feelings about life. His message was full of wonder and joy at things he found amazing. I was so touched by his awe and sweet spirit. Maybe because I have been so apppreciative of some of the little things in life this week. As he listed some of the things he was grateful for...My personal favorite was that he was grateful that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were friends!!...My heart smiled and I thought...So am I!! What are you grateful for?

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I am grateful for technology that makes it possible to see pictures of my kids and grandkids right after things happen!

jhjonze said...

I'm grateful that you started a blog and didn't tell me... just kidding! But I really am glad you have a blog. It is by far my favorite thing to do at work.

And since I'm here, thanks so much for the birthday card!

MB said...

I have recently realized how much I LOVE the smell of laundry detergent. (I washed out my son's car seat-a MUCH needed feat). Smells? Peanut butter. I love it.